2nd Nov 2020
I am delighted to welcome our children back to school after the Halloween break.
You will be aware that last month was very challenging for all of us and we must ensure that all actions are in place to continue to keep our children safe.
Minister Weir has highlighted in the news the importance of keeping schools open and the risk of community transmission bringing the virus into schools is still too high.
We all have a part to play if we wish to keep our children safe and school open and I know you will continue to support us in doing this. May I remind you of a few things that we can do to help maintain our safety.
- Please drop your child off and do not congregate about the school grounds or gates.
- Keep a safe distance from other adults.
- Children in P4 to P7 should be left at the front gate and walk around to their classes.
- If your child must be accompanied, only one adult should bring them in and drop off.
- If you are self-isolating, you should not be in the school grounds dropping off or collecting children.
- Self-isolating children should not leave their house.
- Parents should not be in or near the children’s cloakrooms, nor call the teacher out of the room.
- If you need to speak to the teacher, please email them or leave a message for a return phone call.
- If you are waiting for any length of time at pick up, consider wearing a mask.
Parents with any questions or worries are welcome to contact me at the school number 028 90471274.
Mrs A. Gourley