Balanced Arguments & Discussions
Planning a debate: Children should only watch half an hour of television every day.
Harvey has thrown snowballs at both Dinah and Lloyd. All three pupils have been punished by having to sweep up all the snow in the playground without any coats on.
Is this fair or unfair?
Rewrite the text below to create a balanced argument.
- Think of arguments against.
- Turn it into an impersonal voice.
- Use evidence to support your arguments.
- Write this in third person.
Choose any of the following statements and create a plan for your Friday write. Remember to use your power point and visual aids as a guide to help.
Use your plan from Thursday to complete the writing frame.
Can you think of an inventive way to showcase your argument?
- Perhaps create a Powerpoint to highlight your balanced argument?
- Download Chatterpics and recite your balanced arguments as an object linked to your choosen topic?
- Why not be a presenter using iMovie complete with still and moving images to get your point across?
We would love to see/hear your end products so please remember to send these to -
Mrs McKnight: email@example.com
Mr Ryden: firstname.lastname@example.org