Activities for Week Beginning 22/6/20
This week have fun outside by trying out some of these maths games:
- Go on a number/ shape or pattern hunt - look around your house and outside for repeating patterns, shapes and numbers.
- Draw some large shapes or numbers on the ground with chalk. Jump onto the number or shape called out by a family member. Swap roles.
You could make this harder by saying, "Jump to the number after/before... 1 more/ 1 less than.... Jump to the shape that has 4 sides the same..."
- Play What's the Time Mr Wolf?
- Number Skittles - Pick a number to try to knock down/ say which number/ numbers you have knocked over.
- Subtraction Bowling - How many skittles did you knock down? How many are left? You could have a go at writing the sum eg 6 - 2 = 4.
You can use skittles or bottles.
- Fun Fitness dice game – ask an adult to write down/ draw an exercise for each number on a dice eg
1 = star jumps
2 = frog hops
3 = squats
4 = press ups
5 = sit ups
6 = run on the spot
Roll the dice. If you roll 1 do 5 star jumps, roll 2 do 5 frog hops etc
You could think of some more moves using 2 dice to practice your adding.
- Make a chart to help you count objects you have collected from outside.
- Maybe you could make up a maths game with your family for you all to play.
- You might also want to play some of the games you have enjoyed from previous weeks again.