Important Information Regarding Admissions for September 2020
P1 PLACES SEPTEMBER 2020
All schools have received an email from EA with the following details in relation to placement letters for our children moving to P1 in September 2020.
‘Given the uncertainty of the current situation, EA has made arrangements to prepare and issue notification of placement letters for P1 and Pre - School Stage 1 to parents for receipt on 29 April 2020.
The letter will outline the application outcome, provide information on the appeals process and link to the EA website for more information.
As it is possible, due to Covid-19, that some post may take longer to deliver than usual, the Citizen Portal will be opened on Wednesday 29 April and parents / guardians who had applied online can log in to view their child’s pre-school/P1 (target age Stage 1) placements. Guidance on how to log in and access placement offers will be accessible on the EA website.
The letter will not include information about start dates, induction meetings etc, this will be communicated directly by the school at a later date when they are able.’
Therefore, EA are contacting the parents about admissions and placements. Parents should receive a letter from the EA on Wednesday 29th April offering a P1 place for September, but there is a chance that postal services could be delayed so the online portal will also be opened up parents to check applications. If you have received information from EA to say that you have a place in Victoria Park, parents should email the school office – email@example.com as soon as possible after receiving confirmation to inform that they are accepting/not-accepting their place.
The number of pupils who may be enrolled at the school is determined by the Department of Education and, at present, this is set at 406. The maximum admission number for Year One is currently set at 58. If, however, the number of applications exceeds this number, the Board of Governors will apply the following published criteria (listed in order of priority):
- Children who have a brother/ sister, half brother/ sister or other children living permanently at the same address, who will be attending Victoria Park PS in September.(Indicate name and year group)
- Children who have a brother/ sister, half brother/ sister or other children living permanently at the same address, who attended Victoria Park PS but left in June the previous year to transfer to secondary education. (Indicate name and dates of attendance.)
- Children who have a brother/ sister, half brother/ sister or other children living permanently at the same address, who have attended Victoria Park PS. (Indicate name and dates of attendance)
- Children whose parents are employed in the school.
- Children who are the eldest or only child in the family.
- Children who have a parent/ guardian who attended Victoria Park PS. (Or Strand or Sydenham Schools prior to amalgamation)
- Priority will be given to those living closest to the school. In applying this criterion, the Governors will award places based on the basis of distance from the front door of the child's home to the front door of the school. Distance will be determined by a straight-line measurement using an Ordnance Survey map.