Activities for Week Beginning 08/6/20
Maths with Parents
to see the activities uploaded for this week on
Numbers within 8
Numbers within 9
* Watch Numerblocks 11.
* Look at a Numberline to 20 (see link below).
* What comes before/ after 11? Find 1 more/ 1 less than 11.
* Make groups of 11 objects from around the house or outside in the garden.
* Practise careful counting and writing numbers using the worksheet attached below.
Practise counting to 10 with this Teddy Bears Picnic Powerpoint.
Watch the Numberjacks episode on sharing fairly (see link below).
To teach your child about sharing you will need:
- 3 Teddy Bears
- A packet of biscuits
* Encourage your child to count out 3 biscuits and share then between the teddy bears saying "One for you, one for you....." etc.
* Count how many biscuits they have each. Have they got the same?
* Try this again with 6 biscuits, then 9 biscuits.
Explore sharing further-
You could try this activity using 2 teddy bears and share out an even number of biscuits eg 8 or 10. Does each teddy bear have the same number of biscuits?
What happens if you share out an odd number of biscuits eg 7 or 9?