An Autobiography is an account of a person's life written by that person.
This week pupils will work through a variety of tasks to understand they content, layout and purpose of an autobiography.
Read about the life of Barack Obama and complete the accompanying comprehension.
1. Read Lady Gaga biography.
2. Identify features of biographies (e.g. third person, past tense, chronological order) and use various colour markers/highlighters to locate the features and make a key.
1. Read Roald Dahl biography. Recap on features of biographies.
2. Watch Teachers TV programme on life of Roald Dahl.
1. Read extract from Roald Dahl’s ‘Boy’ and identify features of autobiographical writing (e.g. first person, past tense, chronological order).
2. Watch BBC Learning Zone clips from ‘Boy’
3. Produce a mind map of an autobiographical event in your own life.
Write an autobiographical account of your life (or concentrate on a few significant events).
Remember to use your mind map to help support your writing.