Gymnastics is renowned as a sport that can improve overall fitness, strength, balance and body control.
Participation in gymnastics classes also provides many additional cognitive and psychological benefits.
- Social interaction and discipline;
- Improved mental focus and concentration;
- Education and an understanding of physics;
- Flexibility, balance and co-ordination;
- Numerous health benefits.
Pupils will be enabled to:
- extend their body management skills and improve the variety and quality of movement;
- progress from working individually to working in pairs, trios, small groups and whole groups;
- explore, practise and refine a range of movement skills, including travelling, flight, rolling, balancing, transferring weight, including weight on hands, twisting, turning and stretching.