Activities for Week Beginning 04/01/21
Our story for this week is:
The Bear Who Went Boo!
by David Walliams
Listen to the story using the YouTube link below.
Talk about the pictures and look for words you know as you read it.
What’s your favourite part of the story?
Can you describe the characters?
Draw a picture of yourself and someone or something you could scare
with ‘Boo’ written in a speech bubble.
Optional Activity Ideas
1. Polar bear craft - Make a paper plate polar bear.
Polar Bear Craft
2. New Year Pencil Play Activity
Pencil Play - New Year
3. Look at the recipe for snow and have a go at making your own!
4. Retell the story using your cuddly toys.
Revise sounds s a t p i n c k e h m r d
Our sound for the week is:
Sing along with the 'g' song from Jolly Phonics (see link below.) Learn the action and practise saying the sound.
Complete the first page in your sound homework book.
Can you think of any words that start with ‘g’.
You might like to play this Sound Game.
1. Place your sound cards face down.
2. Choose a card, turn it over and say the sound out loud.
3. Try to find objects around your home that begin with that sound.
How many objects can you find?
4. Repeat with some other sounds.
High Frequency Word Revision
Go over all the words you know so far either with your word cards or using the balloon powerpoint below
Try playing this game. Gather some small toys such as figures,Lego, small teddies etc. Place all word cards face down. Turn over one at a time. If you know the word, say it and then cover it with one of your toys!