Activities for Week Beginning 30/3/20
Our story for this week is
Jack and the Beanstalk
Read the story of Jack & the Beanstalk either from a book at home or using the powerpoint attached. Talk about the pictures and look for words you know as you read it. What’s your favourite part of the story? Can you describe the characters?
Our sound for this week is
Start by revising all the sounds we have learnt so far. Learn the song for x & practise saying the sound. Can you think of any words that start with x or words with x in them? Practise writing the sound on a page, on your whiteboard or on the worksheet attached- see 'x' pages (70-72) in Letter Formation Booklet on previous webpage.
Say the letter name.
Watch Mr Thorne Does Phonics- Wave your hands when you hear x.
Our new words for this week are
Start by revising all the words you know so far either with your word cards or the powerpoint. Introduce the new words ‘up’ & ‘down’.
Can you put each word in a sentence? Practise writing them on paper/whiteboard/make the word using play dough.
Play some of the games suggested on the Familiar Words Help Sheet (see attachment for week one)
Only introduce the new words if your child can say most of the familiar words taught so far (please continue to revise previous words if new words are not being introduced).
More Activity Ideas-
- Draw a beanstalk and stick on cotton wool clouds. Have a go at sounding out and writing the word Jack.
- Draw a picture of the giant and have a go at writing 'I am big'.
- Make a beanstalk with play dough or junk materials eg tissue paper, cardboard tubes, lollipop sticks etc.
- Use building blocks or Lego to make a beanstalk- how tall can you make it?
- Play a game of Hide & Seek using your High Frequency Words.
See Pintrest for more ideas-
Search ‘Jack and the Beanstalk EYFS’