Activities for Week Beginning 23/3/20
Our story book for the week is-
Little Red Riding Hood
Read the story of Little Red Riding Hood either from a book at home or using the Powerpoint attached. Talk about the pictures and look for words you know as you read.
Talk about you favourite part of the story. Can you describe the characters?
Our new sound for this week is-
Start by practising all the sounds we have learnt so far using your sound cards.
Learn the song for y using the youtube video and practise saying the sound.
Try to think of words beginning with the y sound. Look for things that begin with y.
Practise writing the sound on a page, on a whiteboard or using the 'y' pages in the letter formation booklet (see previous page).
Our new word for this week is-
Start by revising all the words you know so far either using your word cards or
the using the Familiar Words Powerpoint.
Introduce the new word 'see'.
Can you put it in a sentence? Practise writing it.
Play some of the games suggested on the Familiar Words Help Sheet attached.
Only introduce the new word if your child can say most of the familiar words taught so far.
More Activity Ideas-
- Make a Get Well Card for Red Riding Hood's Granny.
- Complete the pattern worksheet (see below).
- Make play dough buns for Granny.
- Look at a recipe book and make buns.
- Retell the story using your cuddly toys.
- Describe the wolf and Little Red Riding Hood using the game below.
- Make your own wolf with junk or craft materials.
- Draw your own wolf and label it eg 'I am a wolf' 'The wolf is bad' 'My wolf is big' etc
See Pintrest for more ideas-
Search 'Red Riding Hood EYFS'.