Activities for Week Beginning 20/4/20
Use this week to revise all of your words
- Try making a sentence using some of your words.
- Practise writing some of them
- If possible, write the words outside using chalk. Call out a word and ask your child to jump onto it. (If this is not possible repeat hide and seek activity from week 2)
- Play a game of skittles. Use empty plastic bottles and stick the tricky words to them. Children use a ball and knock down the skittles recalling the skittles they knock down.
This week revise the sounds
s a t p i n
Make sure your child can say the sound and write it using the correct letter formation. Use the Jolly Phonics songs to help.
Instructions and word grid are included below.
Use your sound cards
s a t p i n
Can you build the words-
sit pan tip nap tan pit pat
More Activity Ideas -
- Draw or make your own troll and describe it.
- Sequence the story https://www.twinkl.ca/resource/t-t-675-the-three-billy-goats-gruff-story-sequencing-with-speech-bubbles-4-per-a4 If you can, print out these pictures and stick them together to make your own story book.
- Draw one of the goats and write a sentence eg “I am the big goat.” or “I am a little goat.”
(You can your word/ sound cards to help)
- Use role play masks/make masks to act out the story https://www.twinkl.co.uk/resource/t-t-529-the-three-billy-goats-gruff-role-play-masks
- Use junk or craft materials eg: straws, lollipop sticks, plastic cups, blocks or lego etc to build a bridge over the river or a raft to help The Billy Goats Gruff to escape the troll.
- Use play dough to make the three goats and order them small, middle-sized, big.
See Twinkl or Pintrest for more ideas-
Search ‘The Three Billy Goats Gruff EYFS’