Activities for Week Beginning 08/6/20
The story for this week is
This is the Bear and the Picnic Lunch
Listen to the story using the video attached or you can read the story if you have the book at home. Talk about the pictures and look for words you know as you read it.
What's your favourite part of the story?
Have you been on a picnic? Talk about your favourite place to go to on a picnic.
Can you find the rhyming words as you listen?
* Make a list of things you would bring on a picnic. You could draw pictures or have a go at sounding out some words yourself eg rug, sweets, crisps, ham, apple, drink etc.
* Draw an outfit for a teddy to wear to the picnic and write a sentence below eg 'I am going on a picnic'.
* Make invitations to your Teddy Bears Picnic for your family.
You can use this Teddy Bear page for your writing and drawing.
Our new sound for this week is
Learn the Jolly Phonics song and practise saying the sound.
Watch Alphablocks and Geraldine the Giraffe.
Practise writing the sound on a page or on your whiteboard.
Have a go at the worksheet below.
This is a tricky one, so make sure you an adult tells you what the pictures are!
Keep practising word building using your sound cards and word grid.
Have a go at this word building activity
Check the words your child needs to practise by showing them all the word cards they have learnt in P1. Set aside any they are unsure of and practise these words using the games from previous weeks.
Use the word cards
mum dad Kipper Floppy Biff Chip I am
*Make a sentence eg I am Kipper and encourage your child to read it to you pointing to each word as they say it.
* Say a sentence eg I am Biff and encourage your child to make it. Get them to read it back to check if they are right.
* If you need to make this activity harder, ask your child to make a sentence from these words. Get them to read it back to check it makes sense.
More Activity Ideas:
Have a Teddy Bears Picnic with your family and favourite teddies in your house or garden.
With an adult
- Make some sandwiches or buns to eat and lemonade to drink (see recipe ideas below).
- Make some bunting for your Teddy Bears Picnic.
- Learn the Teddy Bears Picnic song (see link below).
- Think of some games to play at your picnic eg Teddy Bear Hide and Seek or Teddy Bear Races.
- Have a Teddy Bear Treasure Hunt.